Sign in to follow this  
Thurr

Sip, swirl, swallow

Dishes like those are all about taste and less about aesthetics. I'd eat it if papa @ABDeL would put it on the dinner table.

cmon abdel

even plov looks a mile better then this

Properly cooked plov is great. Though that's more uzbek then middle eastern.

That dish actually looks pretty good compared to other middle-eastern food I've eaten. I've been pleasantly surprised by the taste of muck-looking food.

I've been pleasantly surprised by the taste of muck-looking food.

To be fair, you're from the UK: most of your food looks like muck.

To be fair, you're from the UK: most of your food looks like muck.

I'll have you find that Haggis is muck of the highest calibre.

Its only as common in the middle east as bacon in the US. MashedFavaBeanswithOliveOilLemonJuiceGarlic_Foul-Mudammas.jpg

Fool, good stuff. Better with some hardboiled eggs. Also I thought this was a wine thread.

Its only as common in the middle east as bacon in the US. MashedFavaBeanswithOliveOilLemonJuiceGarlic_Foul-Mudammas.jpg

Looks like something you'd see at a taqueria.

Also I thought this was a wine thread.

7111c_Kendall-Jackson-Collection.jpg

Y'all heard of Kendall-Jackson? It's a Californian brand I refer to as Housewife Cordial. Every woman in my family and their gurrlfriends goes for it. I tried the cabernet-sauvignon once and it was like drinking grapes soaked in tears mixed with antifreeze.

Supposedly it's well-regarded, but... yeah. Would be interesting to see if anyone else here's heard of it.

• Like 1

7111c_Kendall-Jackson-Collection.jpg

Y'all heard of Kendall-Jackson? It's a Californian brand I refer to as Housewife Cordial. Every woman in my family and their gurrlfriends goes for it. I tried the cabernet-sauvignon once and it was like drinking grapes soaked in tears mixed with antifreeze.

Supposedly it's well-regarded, but... yeah. Would be interesting to see if anyone else here's heard of it.

Heard of, tried it, and don't bother with.

I know a winery sommelier who secretly says wine comes in such a wide and distinct variety that there's not really such thing as a strictly good wine. I tried the Chardonnay (fairly sure? It was a little while ago) and it wasn't my thing but I could somewhat understand the appeal.

Geez, finally, thread has been rerailed to wine again. Bloody uncultured savages talking about beans. Also @VanDenDale nothing at all special about that brand. Also anyone tried Zanata Winery? Based on Vancouver Island I went there for mothers day, enjoyed some fine Pinot Nero and ate braised duck legs and a purple Congolese potato puree. [ATTACH=full]6388[/ATTACH]

[quote name='nodle']Geez, finally, thread has been rerailed to wine again. Bloody uncultured savages talking about beans. Also @VanDenDale nothing at all special about that brand. Also anyone tried Zanata Winery? Based on Vancouver Island I went there for mothers day, enjoyed some fine Pinot Nero and ate braised duck legs and a purple Congolese potato puree. [ATTACH=full]6388[/ATTACH][/QUOTE] I haven't tried it but we could make it a thing on our Canada trip.

Sign in to follow this