Sign in to follow this  
Sukramo

Azeroth Wars Genesis 1.17A Released!

Nice changes but i though that this version will contain some kind of Blood elf event :(

But gj anyway ;)

"loosing" lol

Its when you really loose quite badly. Not just a normal loss.

Sukramo could you rework arthas model and skills in his King form ? Atm its like meh just gaining frostmourne but im not having a real change, even the stats ..

Plus Terenas didnt dropped the crown when he died is it normal ?

Whats wrong with the model?

King Arthas has well over 8 or more in all his stat categoeis than the normal version. Looking over starting stats is Prince: 27,16,20 and King at same level (3) is 45,33,28

Could give him some bonus skill, but I was never a fan of how in LR he turned into a harass bot with Holy nova in his king form. As it stands, NA is a terror in the late game (im not exactly sure why its so strong) and giving something real to arthas is abit well, crazy.

Crown spawns in Icecrown on king event to make sure purple dosent have to move all they way back to capital to get it.

m9yply.png

I am amazed how many triggers there are, I just wish that the building in Stormwind, Stratholme, Dalaran, Silvermoon and Capital City can't be destroyed by an Alliance faction only captured. Because a Stormwind genocide in Lorderon and Quel'thatlas is just too much of a lore rape and goes against the "Mandate of the Light" concept.

• Like 1

Well they are only captured. As for what happens to the population, that is up to you. I hear Arthas flays people from Stromgarde, Bolton style.

I might be very wrong of here, but is it just me or is there perhaps a little too much gold in Genesis? I feel that the game quite often becomes very spammy, and due to the map regions being smaller then in Awlr I feel it alot more in Genesis.

Just putting it out there, but thats my experience. It should be noted that I am a bigger fan of micro intensive fights, which are sort of made irrelevant when the game becomes a full on macro war. I just feel like this happens pretty fast in genesis, and while it can be fun its not really my thing.

Otherwise I am a bit sorry I havent played this map much lately, it looks like you guys put in a lot of work with it.

The matter of micro vs spam is a very complex issue. First off, it is wrong to fight a battle and holding anything in reserve. It it in your best interrest to throw all resources availiable at the enemy as it will be the best way to insure a victory, resulting in more cps, resulting in more gold etc.

So people throwing all their gold at eachother should be rewarded. Its still indefinly better than LR where there is no gold cap, resulting in extremly long games because both sides have 5k gold to throw at eachother and then the game ends when one side manages to trap an item hero.

I want this map to play abit faster, as risks of desyncs and fatal errors go up as the game rages on. Whats more fun, a player beating another in 30 min, or a fatal error ending the fight inconclusily after 50 min?

But since I know the map so well, perhaps I cannot fulyl see your issue. I ususally throw all my gold at the enemy and win or get two fronted and loose. Back when I watched Azothan I noticed alot ofp layers build a hotkey army, attack with 60 or so units and they dont reinforce. I dont like that type of playstyle.

As for naval/island gold which is the big extra source of income, its up to the players to contest that. Yes, if one player gets all of it, hes going to be extremely rich but that is due to the failure of every other player to stop him.

Most micro intensive races are Gray, Green and OJ and possibly purple with the good old paladins+ casters.

The matter of micro vs spam is a very complex issue. First off, it is wrong to fight a battle and holding anything in reserve. It it in your best interrest to throw all resources availiable at the enemy as it will be the best way to insure a victory, resulting in more cps, resulting in more gold etc.

So people throwing all their gold at eachother should be rewarded.

This might be true for Starcraft, but Warcraft has the hero mechanic. Negating experience for your opponents is very much a thing. If you are able to fight battles with limited amounts of potential experience then you are already one up to your enemy.

This is why micro play is so important in Wc3.

It should go without saying that throwing away units is bad. But 70% or so of players loose just because they didnt macro properly, didnt creep fast enogh, and didnt micro and macro across several areas. What im saying is that reinforcing your army properly is the single most important thing in the game, and far too often do people loose engangments with loads of gold in the bank. Heroes dont impact that equation too much.

So people throwing all their gold at eachother should be rewarded. Its still indefinly better than LR where there is no gold cap, resulting in extremly long games because both sides have 5k gold to throw at eachother and then the game ends when one side manages to trap an item hero.

I want this map to play abit faster, as risks of desyncs and fatal errors go up as the game rages on. Whats more fun, a player beating another in 30 min, or a fatal error ending the fight inconclusily after 50 min?

But since I know the map so well, perhaps I cannot fulyl see your issue. I ususally throw all my gold at the enemy and win or get two fronted and loose. Back when I watched Azothan I noticed alot ofp layers build a hotkey army, attack with 60 or so units and they dont reinforce. I dont like that type of playstyle.

As for naval/island gold which is the big extra source of income, its up to the players to contest that. Yes, if one player gets all of it, hes going to be extremely rich but that is due to the failure of every other player to stop him.

Most micro intensive races are Gray, Green and OJ and possibly purple with the good old paladins+ casters.

It depends very much what race I play. If I am pink, green, teal, oj,(LR) it gives me great satisfaction to micro and I also often find its possible for me to trade very effectively against my opponents, coordinating with my allies and taking far mor effective trades against the enemies resulting in a experience lead which is eventually what its often all about in LR.

I do not enjoy losing units, at all, and I like spending my money on upgrades whilst pushing with a coordinated well microd force. But thats in LR, in genesis I have found that the same doesnt really work, since u hit max ups much faster and the only way to stay under the cap is to either mass ships or units. As you say the game rewards aggressive macro warfare.

You hit max upgrades much faster in genesis, thats a major factor in this. I guess I just dont really share your vision then, I have allways been a very micro intensive player, its what I find interesting. I do recognize the need to macro and with certain races (most notable gray and teal in LR) I find it amusing to wage macro war, but thats rare, mostly I just find it a chore. Basicly I know what game style you are talking about and while I don't necessarly recognize it as superior I do understand where you are coming from in the map layout now, and thusly my experience is rather self-explanatory. Thanks for explaining

If you are engaged in a battle with a skilled player, gold is very much a factor, that is scarce and needs to be carefully managed.

I dont hit the gold cap and max upgrade until well into the late game. I dont seee the difference, LR also massivly rewarded macro plays, especially directly after winning your first fight, the played that took everything the fastest and attacked with that extra gold and spent it all usually could surprise aother enemy and just end him.

I could make a gold by gold comparrison and I doubt that in terms gained it would not differ much. The real problem is bot players complete lack of understand of how naval cps work, usually resuling in onep layer taking them all and becoming very rich and snowballs. That will be fixedo nce we get new non cinematic intros in, which is for the version after the next one.

And I am considering some sort of 2000g upgrade. That game could do with a few more late game gold sinks.