Sign in to follow this  
Rhemar

Azeroth Wars LR 1.90e Suggestions Thread

Spinel - "Editor of Azeroth wars: Cataclysm"

GG AWLR gone pandas soon™

That is about my work in Wrath of the eart warder map... I am not doing event in AW:LR lol o_O

I wanted to put some diversity there... Yes, the model for Knights is not neccesary but when you have faction with possible 3 types of mounted units you have to improvise... othrewise you will have colored units.

This is a lot of work done by Spinel. Don't be so quick to bash. I like Kul'tiras and Dalaran Dungeons a lot.

The main thing I'm curious about is Kalimdor and Northrend. These aesthetic changes to EK are quite drastic, hopefully the art / terrain style is consistent across the world map.

When i started with that i just wanted to help Rhemar with places he retterained... he is awesome editor but not that good designer. I will try to help with diferent zones too, especially Northrend has quite big potential.

• Like 1

Curious. Northrend was the region that seems to be the most resistant to change, seems like most things there are really fine, though I suppose the editor can always surprise you.

Curious. Northrend was the region that seems to be the most resistant to change, seems like most things there are really fine, though I suppose the editor can always surprise you.

I am fighting endless battle with LR editor because the normal one i use for WotE or Ghostlands is not usable for AW:LR and the one i have to use is terribly optioned... especialy for doodads so it will be dificult but not impossible.

I think that for the longevity of AWLR some custom models are MUST. Although, I really don't like thane and Zuluhed model. Leave thane model as it is or use Genesis model which is hilariously good. Zuluhed is (dark) shaman and he never drank demon blood again so he was not red. Use that black/dark shaman model with red eyes as in the FoD. Varian looks kinda weird.

Screen him pls and post here... (Varian)

Thanes model is only few kb big. I chosed it because it looks like Dwarven captain...

Zuhuled/the Legion buildings are the only the models that truly bug me.

One of the benefits of having Zuluhed look so different from the rest of Teal's units is that he's easier to find in the crowd, which is a necessary thing when fighting against him. Making him red-skinned will make it that much harder to find the source of the chain heals in the huge swarm of units and buffs that compose the late-game Teal army. Plus, as others have said, it doesn't work lore-wise.

I think the Legion buildings, while cool, actually look too unique to be the buildings that they are. They're out of place with the rest of the of the map's aesthetic, which has always been more traditional than most other maps. Of the three, the Hellforge is the only one I would keep. Maybe the temple could be the Nether Dragon roost instead?

The terrain looks awesome--I particularly love the additions of different colors/types of trees, which really make the areas more interesting to the eye without having to do too much. But I will echo that I'm worried about Kul'Tiras being even easier to destroy now--it's always been possible with a small fleet, but now it looks like you don't even need to bother anymore. I would stop-up the city-side port, and use the space to add another building or two, but leave the rest. Having lumber there is a big boon.

1.91 will propably have subversion and terrain on Kul'tiras will be fixed if it will be bad... obviously. But the Legion deserves new buildings in my opinion. Its the BURNING LEGION :D the greatest treat to all living creatures in every world :D I dont want to piss Sargeras by giving him someone elses buildings :D

I will look for Zuluhed model but i dont want to make map even bigger so i am not promising miracles...

Funny but no Kal :D just no... :D

1.91 will propably have subversion and terrain on Kul'tiras will be fixed if it will be bad... obviously. But the Legion deserves new buildings in my opinion. Its the BURNING LEGION :D the greatest treat to all living creatures in every world :D I dont want to piss Sargeras by giving him someone elses buildings :D

Funny but no Kal :D just no... :D

It's in the triggers, I have seen it! The prophet has spoken!

It's in the triggers, I have seen it! The prophet has spoken!

You know i love you :rolleyes: but dont say thse terrible lies... there is no Cataclysm... no giant armored dragon in Azeroth wars (yet :p)

No for real :D i am just designer :D

Lies, Spinel is secretly turning this into Cataclysm! Rhemar gave me the new ver, I HAVE SEEN IT!

e6e57944c362046db6ccc6b800455ab7.png

82f4391c0e1a786879ee945021381a99.png

This was actually made by Steak way back in 1.87 or 1.88, I disabled it of course. For anyone who's worried, Spinel is doing nothing but visuals, no events or triggers.

Spinel, you're doing an amazing job with these overhauls. My favorite is what you did to the high elven magus, purple's chapels, and basically every terrain adjustment! Keep it up! I'm really stoked to see what you did with Outland, Kalimdor, Northrend, Southern EK, and possibly the lands around the Maelstrom (if you did, lol)!

I think what most of these guys are trying to say is that they love WC3 with a passion and choose to stick with the traditional unit models because it feels and plays like how it always does. I agree with Ordo that using new models isn't a thing because most of the time, the new animations and how they move and look just seems so... not WC3, you feel? However, your color modifications to the clothing, weapons, hair, eyes, etc is amazing. I think that's the farthest any Azzy Wars mapmaker could go in model customization while maintaining the authenticity and class.

In TLDR, cosmetic modifications to WC3 models is totally fine. New models, not fine.

• Like 1

So you're talking about skins instead of models?

TR;DR x2 People QQ for Skins and not Models.

It's easy to make such triggers and I see a "Voice Acting" folder there, I think Rhemar has to say something about this Voice Acting.

You people are too darn quick to assume. It's for things like 'The Warsong is supreme!' and other things from the campaigns.

Am I the only one who's more interested in gameplay / balance over all the fancy stuff like models and terrain?

I doubt there is anyone who is interested more in terrain than in gameplay, but it is nice to see pretty pictures of terrain rather than long posts about changes to gameplay and ballance from time to time.

Also, I looked at terrain once again and I can´t see gate in Capital. Is it just forgotten or was that intentional? Because in that case it is kind of stupid, the most important base in Lordaeron and it doesn´t have gate.

And these more complex models might increase the already horrendous unit lag.

That post just told me you got no clue on what makes unit lagg..

Like if blues workers try to drop of lumber to hes Na base and they get stuck in nr trying to return lumber, that makes unit lagg and not models :cool:

Am I the only one who's more interested in gameplay / balance over all the fancy stuff like models and terrain?

Big Penguin.

Thoughts on bringing possession back to banshees?

I feel sleep is redundant and not a great spell overall, with possession you could do innovative shit pokemon style possessing all the island creeps like Mimmill, Drak'thul, that nerubian queen bitch etc etc. And it is reasonably good against NA because you can take some of their units.

I don't think it will hurt red if he loses sleep, it will benefit him a lot, and banshees are great casters as well, their kit is pretty much very solid, definitely one of my favourite casters.

• Like 1

Thoughts on bringing possession back to banshees?

I feel sleep is redundant and not a great spell overall, with possession you could do innovative shit pokemon style possessing all the island creeps like Mimmill, Drak'thul, that nerubian queen bitch etc etc. And it is reasonably good against NA because you can take some of their units.

I don't think it will hurt red if he loses sleep, it will benefit him a lot, and banshees are great casters as well, their kit is pretty much very solid, definitely one of my favourite casters.

I have yet to see a decent player use sleep :cool: