Sign in to follow this  
StoPCampinGn00b

Your depiction of American food

Do you like American food in general  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like American food in general

• Yes
    • No

When you have people from every corner of the world living in one place you're bound to have some amazing choices in eateries and markets. Since I'm too lazy to cook and I live near a large Greek/Turkish enclave I eat like a Balkans rat on a regular basis.

But in terms of food "native" to the United States I'd say Dixieland is best. You can't go wrong with Chicken Fried Steak, Gator Tails/Gator Balls, Fried/Blackened Catfish, and Fried Crawfish.

Flickr_wordridden_3397801155--Chicken_fried_steak.jpg

Razzoos_Fried_Gator.jpg

buttermilk-battered-catfish2.jpg

88459377.UREh1wuT.jpg

• Like 1

If it can't be fried or grilled, it ain't Amurican.

Why cook it any other way?

I could never be kosher. I have too much of a weakness for catfish and gator.

• Like 1

Why cook it any other way?

I could never be kosher. I have too much of a weakness for catfish and gator.

As a general rule I am unable to trust anyone who won't eat pork.

In many ways the South is a heart of the country and the NYC/Hollyweird Jews really hate Southerners for it.

The South rocks!

Look at the pics Spanky posted!

mmmm mmmmmm mmmmmmmm

All it needs is a large piece of cake to complete the meal!

As a general rule I am unable to trust anyone who won't eat pork.

In many ways the South is a heart of the country and the NYC/Hollyweird Jews really hate Southerners for it.

The South rocks!

Look at the pics Spanky posted!

mmmm mmmmmm mmmmmmmm

All it needs is a large piece of cake to complete the meal!

Don't forget the diet coke

What is "American" food? I don't really know, as Bild said, its from all corners of the planet. You can find anything here. However, I'm from Alberta, and Alberta Beef - now thats where its at. Eating beef here in New Zealand...its not even close. What I wouldn't give for a juicy succulent steak from the prairies.

Meat and potatoes...the rural Alberta experience.

Zbeef.jpg

Don't forget the diet coke

"I"ll have the double Whopper, biggie size that and make the drink a diet coke"

heh heh heh

I think they should rename the stuff to "Fat Arse Soda" because I never see anyone drink the stuff who

isn't at least 50 pounds overweight....

We were watching a movie in Sociology class in highschool called Antoine Fisher or some shit, and at one part they're all eating at some big black family getting with a lot of soul food and I spoke up and said "Shit I could really go for a big black feast right now"

My teacher stopped the class and threatened to write me up with a pink slip or something. I became more racist that day

• Like 1

Word, when you think american, you think BBQ, and why not, shits good. All southern soul food is.

But other contributions to the world culinary scene exist as well, I mean potato chips were invented in a place thats not 30 minutes from where I live. Also foods that were invented elsewhere, and given a delectable spin here in NY. NY style pizza, NY Cheesecake, NY styled bagels and delis, and of course, NY styled fucking pizza.

But you know what the best is, when you take shit from the north and south and put them together.

Pulled pork or Brisket pizza is fucking instant dick diamond level eating.

• Like 1

If the bottom part is fries, they look narsty

When you're talking American food, you're basically talking Canadian food as well because we don't have many drastic differences

Here's the required poutine image for this thread, enjoy

Poutine.jpg

If the bottom part is fries, they look narsty

It's deep fried breaded jalapeños aka "Texas Toothpicks".

• Like 1

Looks like a seafood chowder.

Anyway, I was just thinking of more local culinary wonders that NY has, that are like regional just to us, like here in the capitol region we usually serve Mozzarella sticks with a raspberry sauce, which I've been told is unique to the area. Then theres Chicken Riggies, that I wish Bball was here to talk up, they're another Italian-American marvel of gastronomy from Syracuse NY, the Garbage Plate of Rochester, Utica Greens, and Manhattan Clam chowder.

IMG_0727-660x929.jpg

DSC_4423.jpg

1280px-Garbage_plate.jpg

6867329823_64b8d0330e_b.jpg

_TJH3921.jpg?1403264214

I actually don't like Manhattan Clam chowder, its just nowhere near as good as New England.

• Like 1

The colder the water, the better the lobster.

EDIT: I'm fucking retarded, I forgot Buffalo wings!

Mother

o-BUFFALO-WILD-WINGS-SECRET-facebook.jpg

Fucking

DSC_0329_edited-2-1024x970.jpg

Buffalo

wings-beerjpg-20ffe7995d7ec712.jpg

Wings

Buffalo_-_Wings_at_Airport_Anchor_Bar.jpg

• Like 2

I've never actually seen chowder until just now. It's completely unheard of around here.

Crab and Lobster are uncommon although not hard to find, but most of the fish and shellfish eaten around here are fresh from the bayou rather than the sea. Alligator is much more common than Crab or Lobster if that puts it into perspective.

I really wish we could get Gator up here, I'd love to try mixing and matching it to different shrimp and chicken dishes, since it tastes like a shimpy-chicken.

I really wish we could get Gator up here, I'd love to try mixing and matching it to different shrimp and chicken dishes, since it tastes like a shimpy-chicken.

They're common pests around here that kill livestock and dogs unfortunate enough to be left outside at night (I've heard it happen before. As if I didn't have enough trouble falling asleep...), so the meat is fairly easy to come across.

Sign in to follow this