Sign in to follow this  
Lazy_coma

PC shat itself

500$? My laptop was 850$ and it can barely play ROME II.

lol this is why you never buy laptops for games

they just plain suck

700$ pc made from your hardware choosing and you can probably play all games that came out

Disclaimer: I am in no way shape or form an expert on this issue but I am going to regurgitate advice I got from friends who helped me with my PC.

If you want to game, do not get a laptop. In the long run you will end up paying more when you can just replace parts to upgrade a PC. This is not as easy with a laptop.

If you're going to spend less than $500 on a PC you're not going to be happy. You have to make sure that this PC will last you a while and you wont have to buy another one to deal with nextgen games. You can buy a good PC for ~$700-$800 and I would say this is the price range you should aim for to make sure your box doesn't go obsolete. You don't want to have to sink another $500 in 2 years b/c your computer can't handle the games you want to play. If you spend more money now you will actually spend less in the long run.

I bought and modified a budget PC for around $800 in 2011 and apparently I can play Rome 2 on ultra as I meet recommended settings. I can play attila on medium according to systemrequirementslab. For a 4 year old PC, this is pretty good.

Disclaimer: I am in no way shape or form an expert on this issue but I am going to regurgitate advice I got from friends who helped me with my PC.

If you want to game, do not get a laptop. In the long run you will end up paying more when you can just replace parts to upgrade a PC. This is not as easy with a laptop.

If you're going to spend less than $500 on a PC you're not going to be happy. You have to make sure that this PC will last you a while and you wont have to buy another one to deal with nextgen games. You can buy a good PC for ~$700-$800 and I would say this is the price range you should aim for to make sure your box doesn't go obsolete. You don't want to have to sink another $500 in 2 years b/c your computer can't handle the games you want to play. If you spend more money now you will actually spend less in the long run.

I bought and modified a budget PC for around $800 in 2011 and apparently I can play Rome 2 on ultra as I meet recommended settings. I can play attila on medium according to systemrequirementslab. For a 4 year old PC, this is pretty good.

Thanks for the tip, I wasn't planning on buying a laptop, I wanted to upgrade my desktop , I alredy have a new graphics card I need some advice on the rest of the parts though.