Sign in to follow this  
EagleMan

Greece 1.4g released!

Yo guys Got a pic here! We Colnized Everyone LoL They say 4vs4 then i invited my friends to play with me and we made ships to Colonize Everyone in greece and they bow down to us! :D Love this game!

pls bro can you add more defenses in Greece and add new peasant like Defense Engineer like that! like in World War 2!

BTW thats why i have many peasants because i've used them to block the enemy path 50% of them blocks the path and 50% of them are working in building houses and other lot more.!

Yo guys Got a pic here! We Colnized Everyone LoL They say 4vs4 then i invited my friends to play with me and we made ships to Colonize Everyone in greece and they bow down to us! :D Love this game!

DonQuixoteArmy doesn't gives a single shit!

I will think about possible defense structures that could be implemented. Right now my life is busy though so you may have to wait more for a new version. To my understanding, the only thing wrong with the game right now is the Ram bug, and the game has always had the Ram bug.

Yo got this wierd shit picture of mine i was playing as crete then i've upgraded all the range attacks then i've made camp in Thebes and made walls out of academies then look at this i've hold that shit about 50 mins spartans were my enemies! XD[ATTACH=full]2874[/ATTACH]

• Like 1

That's a pretty impressive terrain, but do you mean just steal the Greece terrain from there or something or just do a general terrain overhaul inspired by that map?

Yo got this wierd shit picture of mine i was playing as crete then i've upgraded all the range attacks then i've made camp in Thebes and made walls out of academies then look at this i've hold that shit about 50 mins spartans were my enemies! XD[ATTACH=full]2874[/ATTACH]

You know whar'd be real handy for this situation? Ballistae

damn this nigga posting like he coked out

If you play with him you will be even more shocked.

----------------

Navy is OP in my opinion and has always been, if you are lets say thrace and you are having a ground war against the greeks (in that point the game will have advanced considerably) then you will most likely start to get all your citys harrased, 1 ship on each of your citys is enough to take it in seconds, you maybe lose 10 citys in 1min and your enemy has not even made a real engage-.- Add more armor to catapults?or maybe reduce ships armor? right now catas are effective against ships but they die kinda quick, even with the range upgrade they will be destroyed cause the city next to them was taken by the ships and dont forget that while u do this your other enemy will be pushing you on the ground, naval nations have great advantage if they play smartly.

That's a pretty impressive terrain, but do you mean just steal the Greece terrain from there or something or just do a general terrain overhaul inspired by that map?

Don't think Greece is big enough on that map. But the textures are available if you want them.

If you play with him you will be even more shocked.

----------------

Navy is OP in my opinion and has always been, if you are lets say thrace and you are having a ground war against the greeks (in that point the game will have advanced considerably) then you will most likely start to get all your citys harrased, 1 ship on each of your citys is enough to take it in seconds, you maybe lose 10 citys in 1min and your enemy has not even made a real engage-.- Add more armor to catapults?or maybe reduce ships armor? right now catas are effective against ships but they die kinda quick, even with the range upgrade they will be destroyed cause the city next to them was taken by the ships and dont forget that while u do this your other enemy will be pushing you on the ground, naval nations have great advantage if they play smartly.

I feel that balances out Thrace some, because he has lots of land to take safely, and he needs only ally Macedon to be able to safely expand in the sea. The cost is that he's very vulnerable to naval harassment. Also, 1 Trireme will not take a city in seconds. Ship armor being reduced is a possibility.

You know whar'd be real handy for this situation? Ballistae

The Ballistas have been removed in that version on the pic so that makes a unstaphable Formation!

Change the City Name Display instead of printing out a local text message it should create a text tag on the ground above the city until its deselected.

Requires some knowledge about if GetLocalPlayer() == GetTriggerPlayer() then

Also there is no need to inform the player about population count, does anybody use it? Don't think so, nor do I believe it fluctuates that much.

What about buildable Walls? Attaached Map. (Press esc between building destrutables and units.)

Fun fact: You can destroy cities entirely with enough catapults. :P

Looking at population doesn't hurt anything. Helps a bit with immersion and those who care to roleplay.

Anyways so I'll probably just skip to doing version 1.5... Greece is pretty stable right now so it's time to shake things up and introduce new gameplay mechanics. I will add walls and gates for example.

hmmm that would be cool. Eagleman is there anyway you can make the game less spammy?

in the late game there is too much gold floating around in the game. Maybe add an upkeep system or something?

I think some of what I'm doing will boost a person's ability to defend against spam tactics if they play right but are at an economically disadvantageous position.