DIPLONEWS
  • Don't miss DGL at 8PM EST rotating Saturdays and Sundays.
  • Diplo is getting an Ark server contact Duck for more information.
  • Want to play Dungeons and Dragons? Join D^3 to play now!
  • Want to watch movies with Diplo? Contact BaneBladeLuv for more info on movie night!
BronzeKnee

Seeking new hero ideas/hero remake ideas

Posted (edited)

So currently, Gilneas is the only Alliance faction will 3 heroes, instead of 4 like the others, and that triggers my OCDness, so I am gonna make a suggestion for the fourth Gilnian hero. Although my suggestion required some lore heresy.

Darius Crowley, one of the noble man of Gilneas, and the leader of the North Gate Rebellion after the Greymane Wall was constructed.

Melee Agility based.

Skill 1 - Guerrilla Warfare, turn Darius and his surrounding troops, up til X numbers of them, invisible for Y seconds. Grant slight movement speed increase.

Skill 2 - Rifle Shot, like shock ware, but since it is just a bullet, the width of impact will be a lot more smaller, maybe the width will be a unit radius of a grunt, but the range is greater, units hit by Rifle Shot, will be dealt X damage, then bleeds Y damage in Z seconds

Skill 3 - Swift Slash, basically critical strike, but the chances are lot smaller and the multiples less damage compare to other similar skills, but after each critical strike, Darius will be granted X increase in attack speed, in Y seconds, can be stacked Z amount of times.

Ultimate - Ok so this is the lore heresy, Worgen Form, Transforms Darius into a Worgen, will be granted X damage bonus and attacks can cause units to bleed for Y damage for Z seconds, and W bonus in movement speed.

Edited by Alpha

Posted (edited)
Llane buffs as he is never played...

Orc Slayer - is aoe and helps kill groups of units early game

Aegwynn's necklace - when activated Llane is immune to magic and grants a 20% magic resist aura to nearby friendlies?

Attack speed buff - affects any nearby alliance units not just Azeroth troops

Hammer ult - similar to what it is now maybe juggle numbers a little

Make his necklace ability so he can't be targeted by enemy spells. Otherwise the deathstick (i forget the name) just tears him a new one, and it's a pretty common item to get anyway.

I think Orc Slayer should be single target so Llane has something useful against heroes because str heroes typically suck balls in duels. Just buff the dmg or something

Edited by Guest

Posted (edited)

I can give Llane a small buff. Everytime I play him he feels incredibly overpowered to me, but I will trust you guys.

Edited by Guest

What makes him feel OP to you?

I think one of the reasons Llane doesn't get played is that he needs more time than any other blue heroes to get useful, and people want to protect SW so horde doesn't get their bonus.

Also if i'm not mistaken deathstick nullifies his necklace. Together with his heavy armor, he's very susceptible to int heroes who dominate the meta.

• Like 2

Death's Edge should nullify his Necklace yes.

He does big damage with his ultimate and strength items alone, doesn't need a Cleaver, and Orc Slayer is very powerful against Orc heroes. Mix in Blades of Agony, Aegis Gloves or a Battlethirst Helm together with his Aura and he has plenty of attack speed too.

I usually end up snowballing pretty hard with him.

• Like 1

Well there are definitely some heroes i'd buff before Llane

I kind of want to try out all the trash heroes now to make a list of heroes who desperately need buffs :P

Some ideas for Gelbin

His turrets and repair bots are pretty boring and I would just give him other abilities instead. His helicopter on the other hand is pretty fun and has tons of potential.

Instead of turrets he could drop a tanky barricade. Could be used for defense OR you could fly behind an enemy hero, drop Gelbin, put up a barricade and fly away. In the right terrain you could trap heroes and finish them off. Big risk with big payoff, and a fun way to turn the tables. His ulti could give the barricade more health, spikes, a remote detonator, or some other buff.

For his helicopter, his ulti could give a remote detonator. Could lead to some fun mind games where you're pretending to have Gelbin in the helicopter about to drop some barricades, and when the horde gives chase, you blow them up. You lose the helicopter, but deal a lot of damage.

And for his last basic ability, maybe a laser akin to Guldan's, but it scales heavily with int to encourage more int items and less armor so he stays squishy but potent throughout the game. Also the laser is blue because flavor.

• Like 1

Some ideas for Gelbin

His turrets and repair bots are pretty boring and I would just give him other abilities instead. His helicopter on the other hand is pretty fun and has tons of potential.

Instead of turrets he could drop a tanky barricade. Could be used for defense OR you could fly behind an enemy hero, drop Gelbin, put up a barricade and fly away. In the right terrain you could trap heroes and finish them off. Big risk with big payoff, and a fun way to turn the tables. His ulti could give the barricade more health, spikes, a remote detonator, or some other buff.

For his helicopter, his ulti could give a remote detonator. Could lead to some fun mind games where you're pretending to have Gelbin in the helicopter about to drop some barricades, and when the horde gives chase, you blow them up. You lose the helicopter, but deal a lot of damage.

And for his last basic ability, maybe a laser akin to Guldan's, but it scales heavily with int to encourage more int items and less armor so he stays squishy but potent throughout the game. Also the laser is blue because flavor.

Suddenly this little gnomish bastard might become interesting hero to play

Posted (edited)

Some thoughts on Griselda

Idk if this was what you intended but to me the bodyguard ability with taunt is mostly useful as a way to prevent an enemy hero's escape and assassinate them.

If you play her as dg, you get your normal ogre shockwaves together with your ultimate ogre's shockwave. Shreds groups of units.

She seems like a versatile hero. In my mind her theme is that of a gangleader, using her posse to gang up on victims. As such I think her abilities just need a couple of changes to better reflect her capabilities.

Skill one currently grants her a max of 12 hp regen and 40% more BASE dmg. Weak and not particularly fun mechanically. Could instead be a passive movement speed aura, and an active ability granting significant attack speed in an aoe for a short duration. Gives synergy with her other abilities: she can quickly catch and surround/taunt a vulnerable hero, or heal her posse while they go berserk.

Skill two could instead of passing along incoming damage, reduce it. This way she doesn't lose her posse as quickly.

Her other skills are fine imo. Maybe tweak some numbers

Edited by Nello
  • Like 1

I'd like to throw Lord Godfrey's goggles into the ring (as a contender for a fourth Gilnean hero).

He's canonically a Mage while alive (so says the Wiki), but in his Forsaken boss form, he's a kind of magical gunslinger / summoner hybrid.

http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Vincent_Godfrey

http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Lord_Godfrey_(tactics)

He could be a kind of agility magic hero, in the vein of Priestess of the Moon from Vanilla.

His WoW abilities are Cursed Bullets, Pistol Barrage, Summon Ghouls and Mortal Wound.

Here's my vision for a COTH iteration of him:

+ Cursed Bullets are more or less the same - a DOT in the vein of Gul'dan's Doom (perhaps with a different side effect and damage values to differentiate them?) This could be buffed to be an ultimate if you want to make him a strange mix of Teron and Brann.

+ Pistol Barrage - a few possibilities here. It could be an AOE to shoot rapidly (mechanically similar to Zul'jin's Berserk, or perhaps to Sylvanas' Volley). Or it could be an AOE, in the vein of Multi-barrelled Pistol or Scatter Shot. Or it could be something completely novel. Could potentially be an ultimate if it's an AOE, making him a bit like Dentarg or Gavinrad.

+ Shrapnel - a slow to cripple an enemy hero in pursuit of him. Low damage. Counterpart to his WoW iteration's Mortal Wound.

The fourth slot is open to many possibilities (obviously Ghouls won't make sense for this iteration of Godfrey):

+ Call the Cavalry - a cavalry charge à la Magni's Sacrifice ultimate. The viability of this would depend on whether he is a dedicated shooter, or a support shooter of sorts.

+ Blindside - Godfrey shoots a Horde hero with a flare, inflicting heavy damage and marking them as a target. Blindside lowers  the enemy hero's armour. Each subsequent shot on the same target increases the reduction by -1. A more debilitating version of Zul'jin's Carve. This ability is inspired by his betrayal (and slaying of) Sylvanas. This ability would be an ultimate.

An initial reduction of 4/8/12, with a maximum stack limit of -7 armour (LVL 1 ultimate), -11 armour (LVL 2)  and -15 armour (LVL 3).

All values are placeholders; this post is mostly an offer of concepts and ideas.

Edited by Sinandur