DIPLONEWS
  • Don't miss DGL at 8PM EST rotating Saturdays and Sundays.
  • Diplo is getting an Ark server contact Duck for more information.
  • Want to play Dungeons and Dragons? Join D^3 to play now!
  • Want to watch movies with Diplo? Contact BaneBladeLuv for more info on movie night!
BronzeKnee

Seeking new hero ideas/hero remake ideas

I'm looking for hero remakes or new heros ideas for COTH. I strongly doubt we'll see that many brand new heros for COTH simply because I'm out of space to add models/textures to the game, and I don't want heros sharing models/textures. That said, there are a couple of in-game models I could use left (such as Thrall).

Hero remakes are a lot more likely, simply because many heroes are poorly put together or simply dull to play.

So I'm all ears for any ideas!

There are a lot you could do. From with his regular skin or fel, a moknathol like rexxar since they were in the fights. Also an ogre other than Chogall would be nice. Could also do more trolls as well. Maybe a goblin or two? I'll likely come back tomorrow and finish these ideas, but simple phone inspirations.

You do know that Dentarg is in the game too for Ogre's right?

A Goblin hero sounds like an excellent idea, I hadn't thought of that. I could probably add three more Horde heroes, some kind of Goblin hero (maybe a sapper of some sort), an Orc hero using the Thrall model, and some other kind of Horde champion.

I was thinking an alterc hero too, only going on the rumor an alterac may be added in some form or another, but I was thinking spearman (maybe that one bandit model) as I think hordes lacking the "archer" type, but I'd do him more as a hardhitter, as zul Jin is more focused on attack speed, so maybe a skill based on penetration, like the ballista, a passive to make a small % of damage ignor armour and an active skewer single target thing, and limit his attack speed. The idea making him hit hard but less often than zj and using things like battle thirster rather than Armani axes, would actually have alot of fun playing that as opposed to zj, just a suggestion though haha

Edit: was thinking the penetration thing would be a passive ulti, like "he throws his spears so hard it hurts the units behind the target"

BABY ARTHAS add a baby arthas with frost mourne and make him bad ass, give him fucking 2k ip at start Make his ult GROW UP name it "eat mushroom" and make him become arthas on a dragon, then make his e poop a kelthuzad then make his q spawn undead units and make his w an aoe attack

• Like 2

Also, an idea for garona, cuz atm she just rolls over low hp heroes, maybe only let the extra fan of knives from killing heroes activate once every 6 seconds? This'll prevent a 2nd nearby hero dieing instantly and casting another fan of knives killing the next and so on (managed to get up to 5 hero kills at once like this already)

• Like 1

BABY ARTHAS add a baby arthas with frost mourne and make him bad ass, give him fucking 2k ip at start Make his ult GROW UP name it "eat mushroom" and make him become arthas on a dragon, then make his e poop a kelthuzad then make his q spawn undead units and make his w an aoe attack

Also, an idea for garona, cuz atm she just rolls over low hp heroes, maybe only let the extra fan of knives from killing heroes activate once every 6 seconds? This'll prevent a 2nd nearby hero dieing instantly and casting another fan of knives killing the next and so on (managed to get up to 5 hero kills at once like this already)

you should prolly play on ent to meet these circumstances lol.

max do you even coth anymore bro?

ye i do when i feel like i have enough patience for a 60min game and when im confident that i wouldn't rq if someone fucks up rly hard

• Like 1

I want to suggest changing Kaels banish with a more useful spell, perhaps being able to summon his pet phoenix Al'ar. Which gets more Hp+Dmg per level.

• Like 1

I think I posted my hero idea for zujin in the bug area by an accident sorry for that. But ya a new goblin hero sounds like a good idea. I agree with people who are sayinf that a goblin hero should be added.

Well here it goes ^_^

Varok Saurfang the Elder

Varok is a brutal tactician that serves the Blackrock Clan in the invasion of Azeroth. He is a feared commander that serves the Horde willingly as they subjugate the pitiful races of Azeroth.

Model:

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/orcveteran-259649/?prev=d=list&r=20&c=1&t=2

There is an alternate with an axe that I feel would better suit him. You may also wish to change his hair to black as he is younger... while still being elder!

Primary Attribute: Strength

Abilities:

Execute: Saurfang brings his axe down upon a target dealing massive damage. Deals 75/145/215/285 damage. The damage is double if the target is below 50% health Cost 100 mana

Greater Cleave: Saurfang swings his axe in an arc dealing damage to all targets in front of him. Deals 100/155/210/265 +25% attack damage to enemies in the area. Cost: 90 mana

Blackrock Tools: Saurfang equips himself with only the best weapons and armor of the Blackrock clan. Increases Armor by 2/3/4/5 and damage by 5/10/15/20. Passive

Saurfang's Rage: Saurfang gives in to the rage of battle. Every attack he makes increases his attack speed by 5% per swing (to a max of 100%) while every target killed by Saurfang increases his damage by 2/4/6. During this time the damage Saurfang takes is increase by 10% (would this stack with battle thirst?). Cooldown 60 seconds, cost 120 mana.

• Like 1

I like it.

Unfortunately I'm out of space to new models, and I certainly can't fit that one. If you find a model under~150kb I might be able to squeeze it in with optimization (it cannot use a skin). Alternatively, you could find some smaller models for me to use for other champs that might be give me some space.

Thrall's model is also available.

if you are going to add a new coth hero I got this one from azzy war 1.89. and this hero comes if grom accepts the bloodpact fully. I thing his name is korgall momomen (chieften of the stonemaul clan). and I don't think he ever died because you get him replaced with rexar. so this guy if u add him should be a strength hero if u add him and have enough space to add him. (I have not fully finished this campaign yet but somebody told me about him that he never died).

• Like 1

Untitled_1.jpg

Alright so the model I linked above actually looks terrible in game. So I'm going to go with this one I think.

The left shows the model before I edited it. On the right is the model after I made some changes to make it look less a Fel Guard.

1) Reversing his weapon so he uses it like an axe,

2) Adding a blade on to the end his of axe for his stabbing animation.

3) Bending the spikes he wears on his back forward instead of them sticking straight into the air.

4) Slightly reducing the size of the horn on his helmet

5) Peeling back the edges of his helmet so you can see more of his face.

He looks pretty good in game, and his portrait looks much better with the helmet peeled back.

• Like 3