Sign in to follow this  
nodle

Computer fucked, need some advice.

Hey guys i just want a confirmation to what i assume may be the videocard glitching out.

So essentially my laptop starts up fine and everything but as soon as i watch a show or play a game the screen goes all pixel crazy on me and shows me the black screen of death.

So would you assume its the videocard? or something else?

>Not having adblock.

If you have a game that you could install that would prompt you to a point to get a directx update anyway, then you don't have to deal with animations. I suggest getting someone qualified to look at it.

>Not having adblock.

If you have a game that you could install that would prompt you to a point to get a directx update anyway, then you don't have to deal with animations. I suggest getting someone qualified to look at it.

i dont think you understand how serious fucked it is. If i run anything it has a fatal chance to blackout.

its fer sure a hardware problem just making sure it was the videocard

i dont think you understand how serious fucked it is. If i run anything it has a fatal chance to blackout.

its fer sure a hardware problem just making sure it was the videocard

Unless you like, poured liquids all over it, yeah.

So essentially the videocard has to be taken out and ill be ordering a new one but that will leave me computerless for another week. So tomorrow I may go buy a new computer (desktop) for around $700.

• Like 1

So essentially the videocard has to be taken out and ill be ordering a new one but that will leave me computerless for another week. So tomorrow I may go buy a new computer (desktop) for around $700.

for this much money in my country you can buy high rig pc

modern technology so cheap in master race country

For $810

AMD FX - 8150 (8 core) 3.6ghz

8 GB Ram

500g hard drive windows 7

The video card was bunk so i asked if i could swap one out for another he said ya sure, but i forgot to write down the model but its a Nvidia GTX series i believe.

How does that sound? Good price?

Price is good

but you might want to have more hard drive space trust me when i say 500 is not big enough these days

and amd is better if you want for gaming because most games optimize their shit around amd these days mostly because most people use amd because its cheaper and sometimes even better then nvidia

nvidia era is gone

Dude why the PC <.< Take a woman and not your technology. Or combine it : a robo wife ! (is there a gap in the market? Or does this already exist.. hmm)

My advice: Take a condom next time to prevent fatal failures like this !!

Cheers

Price is good

but you might want to have more hard drive space trust me when i say 500 is not big enough these days

and amd is better if you want for gaming because most games optimize their shit around amd these days mostly because most people use amd because its cheaper and sometimes even better then nvidia

nvidia era is gone

I can always delete plus i couldnt really even fill my last 500g hard drive.

And how is Nvidia era gone? and if you could recommend a decent AMD V-Card ill take a look at.

Phoenix' date=' post: 548311, member: 12570"']Dude why the PC <.< Take a woman and not your technology. Or combine it : a robo wife ! (is there a gap in the market? Or does this already exist.. hmm)

My advice: Take a condom next time to prevent fatal failures like this !!

Cheers

I came home this morning from a girls bed to read this and simply lost faith in this user simply because he does not believe i cannot have both.

I can always delete plus i couldnt really even fill my last 500g hard drive.

And how is Nvidia era gone? and if you could recommend a decent AMD V-Card ill take a look at.

I came home this morning from a girls bed to read this and simply lost faith in this user simply because he does not believe i cannot have both.

thing is with stationary pc you want to have as much as you can free space because more free space you have in stationary pc the faster it will run

for example if i fill my pc with 700g of shit and its only 300g left it will start degrading its performance at this point when i start filling it up even more

and about video card well there is only amd radeon series that are good off course best video cart in world is

amd radeon r9 290x but it costs 550 bucks but i think you don t need this monster

if you want 3g memory video card i would recommend amd radeon r9 280x

if you want 2g memory video card i would recommend amd radeon hd 7870 series

if you want 1g memory video card which would be still pretty good for a year ati radeon hd 5670

nvidia era is gone because like i said games are now being made around amd video cards because they are much cheaper and in most cases better graphics cards

when was last time you seen a new game come out with nvidia logo on loading screen ? i personally don t remember and amd loading screen is literally every single game that comes out now

• Like 1

thing is with stationary pc you want to have as much as you can free space because more free space you have in stationary pc the faster it will run

for example if i fill my pc with 700g of shit and its only 300g left it will start degrading its performance at this point when i start filling it up even more

and about video card well there is only amd radeon series that are good off course best video cart in world is

amd radeon r9 290x but it costs 550 bucks but i think you don t need this monster

if you want 1g memory video card which would be still pretty good for a year ati radeon hd 5670

nvidia era is gone because like i said games are now being made around amd video cards because they are much cheaper and in most cases better graphics cards

when was last time you seen a new game come out with nvidia logo on loading screen ? i personally don t remember and amd loading screen is literally every single game that comes out now

also amd catalyst control center is just best thing ever you can do anything with it even make 3d setting or split screen in half etc

• Like 1

Thanks for the info. I bought the Computer because it was a score for the motherboard and CPU, now currently looking at videocards for both this comp and my laptop. Also the motherboard is

$670 total AMD FX 8150 watercooled/ Asus Sabertooth 990x Motherboard/ Geforce 9400 GT 1gb (harsh i know)/ and the power supply is 500w which concerns me Pona since you said a power supply is crucial for V-Cards depending on their drain.

Thanks for the info. I bought the Computer because it was a score for the motherboard and CPU, now currently looking at videocards for both this comp and my laptop. Also the motherboard is

$670 total AMD FX 8150 watercooled/ Asus Sabertooth 990x Motherboard/ Geforce 9400 GT 1gb (harsh i know)/ and the power supply is 500w which concerns me Pona since you said a power supply is crucial for V-Cards depending on their drain.

Geforce 9400 GT 1gb

Minimum System Power Requirement (W)

300 W

i think you are good with 500w but just in case check how much does other specs drain

also what the fuck Asus Sabertooth 990x Motherboard is military grade the fuck

when you run pc on download one of those nvidia video cart cheackers they will alert you if your video card will start overheating etc

i don t know exact name just google i only know amd exact name

Whats a good driver update site that doesnt cost shit. Every one i check asks for money or information. Any suggestions? I just reinstalled windows and just dont want to install the 13 driver updates 1 by 1

Whats a good driver update site that doesnt cost shit. Every one i check asks for money or information. Any suggestions? I just reinstalled windows and just dont want to install the 13 driver updates 1 by 1

Update on the rig

3.6ghz Am3 AMD FX 8150 watercooled / Asus Sabertooth 990FX motherboard / Asus GeForce GTX 460 1GB / 500w power supply / 16GB HybreX Fury Blue DDr3 1600mhz.

What would you recommend next to get.

Funny note looking at the start of this thread I still haven't gone into my laptop, i'm wary of going in laptops clusterfuck of screws.

Update on the rig

3.6ghz Am3 AMD FX 8150 watercooled / Asus Sabertooth 990FX motherboard / Asus GeForce GTX 460 1GB / 500w power supply / 16GB HybreX Fury Blue DDr3 1600mhz.

What would you recommend next to get.

Funny note looking at the start of this thread I still haven't gone into my laptop, i'm wary of going in laptops clusterfuck of screws.

dwarf fortress

• Like 2