Sign in to follow this  
Feanor

Feanor's Cabin

I was too young to experience the Cold War, but it must have been a really interesting time to live in. It's a shame that Merican Economics better than Vodka Economics.

Have they apologised for that yet?

might want to ask them to apologise for millions of people that were starved in ukraine first

oh wait

this is not canada

Fixed

I would have thought, being the libertarian that you are, you would at least like Ayn Rand, if not outright worship.

I would have thought, being the libertarian that you are, you would at least like Ayn Rand, if not outright worship.

From the thread chain, It appeared you were responding to Pona in the sense that Ayn Rand was a greater tragedy than the millions of people who starved in Ukraine.

And Libertarians don't hero worship.

I was too young to experience the Cold War, but it must have been a really interesting time to live in. It's a shame that Merican Economics better than Vodka Economics.

That's not really how the Cold War ended, or why.

So you're telling me that if Russia could have made more Vodka, it could have won?

So you're telling me that if Russia could have made more Vodka, it could have won?

No. No it couldn't have. Though Gorbachev trying to ban alcohol wasn't helpful either way.

Not sure if love relationship with communism but the USSR couldn't keep up economically which meant less money on military expenditures which is definitely one of the many reasons why the cold war ended. That being said, Gorbachev's idealism is what ultimately lead to its end.

Not sure if love relationship with communism but the USSR couldn't keep up economically which meant less money on military expenditures which is definitely one of the many reasons why the cold war ended. That being said, Gorbachev's idealism is what ultimately lead to its end.

Neither of those are the main reason. The main reason was that the USSR had two branches of government, which were (confusingly enough) named The Soviet Government, and The Communist Party. Because the government got tired of having the party look over their shoulder and prevent them from lining their pockets without control, they government toppled the party, and then pulled apart the Union, letting each little czar have his own kingdom. Nationalist tensions played into it as well but they were manageable if it hadn't been for this. Study the behavior of Soviet legislatures and executives in the '87-'91 period. The "War of Laws" is an interesting phenomena.

Neither of those are the main reason. The main reason was that the USSR had two branches of government, which were (confusingly enough) named The Soviet Government, and The Communist Party. Because the government got tired of having the party look over their shoulder and prevent them from lining their pockets without control, they government toppled the party, and then pulled apart the Union, letting each little czar have his own kingdom. Nationalist tensions played into it as well but they were manageable if it hadn't been for this. Study the behavior of Soviet legislatures and executives in the '87-'91 period. The "War of Laws" is an interesting phenomena.

But see, with Vodka, they could have all got on better and a civil conversation could have been had.

But see, with Vodka, they could have all got on better and a civil conversation could have been had.

Oh shit, Feanor just encountered his shitpost rival.

A famous Soviet song with an original instrumentation. It's lacking the lyris, and in case you haven't heard it before, here's a more traditional rendition. There's also some interesting footage in the bottom one.

2 hours ago, Spankfurt said:

Lads, he's back

12571244_original.jpg

88dbcd7f4d10.jpg

1864e0dba13d.jpg

1a923e72b8b7.jpg

91b7d34fa827.jpg

1e53e5e54b93.jpg

c06aef54f6e7.jpg

342f0db3aa70.jpg

243888edaaa9.jpg

dd85d83c807b.jpg

58dfa4317f16.jpg

6f49d5b9c270.jpg

7628328fe25a.jpg

5a9a101b28ae.jpg

0137809b75fb.jpg

b71b152adbea.jpg

2dfa73754a7c.jpg

d3d9e11bcbfd.jpg

0d07144a2f47.jpg

4ea94a6471b3.jpg

d388b2637546.jpg

6515c4792bad.jpg

8bfac8e897c9.jpg

e33a4d4b42a3.jpg

63321ad190b1.jpg

2f71183068b1.jpg

8e48b1504252.jpg

8c35233352af.jpg

898cf0457f99.jpg

2e5d34fa4090.jpg

e0fdf3017b00.jpg

60c6dc30fd80.jpg

2c617e0e6985.jpg

74e8eb3bd1fa.jpg

a4797dfd032b.jpg

2f5599e400a7.jpg

59bec093ced2.jpg

33ac2289f5b8.jpg

d759dd728baf.jpg

0623309922a9.jpg

1 hour ago, Abdel said:

Damn Feanor that was totally worth a half gig of the bandwidth we have to post. Make a gif next time. 

Bandwidth? I totally just posted links. We're taking theirs, not using ours. Also, lol at you thinking I know how to make gifs.

• My Man 1