DIPLONEWS
  • Don't miss DGL at 8PM EST rotating Saturdays and Sundays.
  • Diplo is getting an Ark server contact Duck for more information.
  • Want to play Dungeons and Dragons? Join D^3 to play now!
  • Want to watch movies with Diplo? Contact BaneBladeLuv for more info on movie night!
Joffrey

DAoW 5.2a-g suggestion thread

Please consider naming the next version 5.4 because most people come into the lobby complaining that im hosting an old version (because they think that hack version 5.3 is official)

Make DG's evil path more interesting

Heroes: Onyxia, Edwin VanCleef, Rend Blackhand, and Nefarian

Units: A mix of bandits, black dragons, orcs, trolls, ogres

• Like 2

Since the back door of Tyr's is "accurate" consider putting in a very hearty gate or some strong rocks in between tyrs and purples base.

You cannot delete all others Daow ?

you want to remove all other version while that if is not yet balanced and debug?

Theramore and Kul'tiras(Orange) needs some serious nerf... Have now played several games with Orange just stomping everything with his mages. The elementals are just to OP

orange is alone. while a gray brown to help

grey can dispell elemental

grey can heal and stunn

vs good horde orange has no chance

by the way, let me just state that I do not think purple is OP, rather that under the circumstances red has a miniscule chance of fighting off such a huge force at the beginning of the game

red needs more unity at start

• Like 1

I'd like to suggest a minor change that could perhaps be more aesthetically pleasing.

There are too many heroes that have Avatar as their ultimate, so i would suggest giving Gen Greymane a metamorphosis instead, he would turn into powerful worgen temporarily(with different set of abilities perhaps ?).

• Like 1

Consider limiting the Legion players to only one of their ally choices, but let them choose which ally.

Consider, also, penalizing Legion players for allying by modifying their unit selection or hero line-up.

Can teal and pink really if teal summons legion on pink frees maggy ? Would make sense.

Can teal and pink really if teal summons legion on pink frees maggy ? Would make sense.

The problem with making things "Accurate" like that is the fact that it would be extremely op, unless they had something to balance it out. For example (50% perma income cut)

Since the cost of knights has been increased, consider giving red more knights for capturing Anderhol, Stratholme, and Lordy as more of an incentive to capture the bases.

I love this map so much... any chance tirisfal will be retterained? and eastern plagueland?

i just think ruins of lordaeron deserves more love.

• Like 1

I love this map so much... any chance tirisfal will be retterained? and eastern plagueland?

i just think ruins of lordaeron deserves more love.

Hes right, Lordy being smaller than strath makes no sense :P

yea! Add good path for Blood elves plz.

Example:

After cleaning sunwell Lor`themar Theron became new general of the Blood Elves.

Boosts for Blood elves:

-You will lose solarian, Anveena and Pathaleon but gain Lor`Themar, and Rommath.

-You cant train Eredar warlock and blood warriors, but blood knights and Priests will replace them.

-All Elves get increased health (100), attack (7) protection (1).

And new quest for good blood elves./Oppositely summoning Kil'jaeden.

-You can ally with Dalaran(orange) and gain Ethas sunreaver and new elite( i dont know:D)

-Or you can ally with Forsaken(Light blue) and gain another hero and new elite.

Thats all)

I'm going on long shot here but, consider making roleplay its own GAME, this will allow for less clutter in the games file and in turn cause fewer droppouts/fatals.

Consider giving arthas a ranged attack (possibly a death coil off of frosy) or give him a much higher amount of armor, hes way too squishy for a vital hero.

Since the wildhammer upgrade has been removed, consider letting yellow get both frostborne and wildhammer. and keep dark iron the way it is.

i have idea for dg: give him researchable upgrade with cost 500g which will free varian automaticaly, without fight with edwin. player will research it if he has not time to free him sending army

i have idea for dg: give him researchable upgrade with cost 500g which will free varian automaticaly, without fight with edwin. player will research it if he has not time to free him sending army

Dark green doesnt have the gold to afford doing that, and Varian isnt even worth that amount, just multitask, or wait untill you beat outland to get varian.

I would like to see Mograine given Holy Light ability. Or maybe his Divine Punishment ability or his final ability a little more buffed. I know you want him balanced, but to me he is TOO weak now. It bothers me that not one of the paladin heroes for Scarlet Crusade have the Holy Light ability. (I am aware of the Arget Dawn having heroes with Holy Light, but not everyone wants/likes to go Argent Dawn.) I hope you listen to me, thank you.

P.S. you spelled his last name wrong. Might want to fix it. Mograine, not Morgraine.

Some of the spelling issues are the leftovers from Mafia's Era. We're slowly but steadily removing them.

• Like 2

Understood. Also I would like to suggest, if you give Mograine the Holy Light ability, perhaps adding or changing the Ashbringer (item) to an offensive ability, like Incinerate, or something that has to do with fire. I thought Incinerate was good because it is a passive ability and would add both AoE damage and literally turns enemies to ash. I thought it would be more Lore accurate.

Understood. Also I would like to suggest, if you give Mograine the Holy Light ability, perhaps adding or changing the Ashbringer (item) to an offensive ability, like Incinerate, or something that has to do with fire. I thought Incinerate was good because it is a passive ability and would add both AoE damage and literally turns enemies to ash. I thought it would be more Lore accurate.

Didn't it use to be something like that ?

I believe I remember a time when I would turn entire army in ashes with red.

Then again, red was imba so you could either use hero squad or army to defeat the enemies =D

How about starting up the twilight cult? with the events that could trigger heroes like Ragnaros, Al'akir. Like expanding abit instead of only keeping it to LK and the legion i mean theese guys WERE around doing all of this just not playing a huge role but the map are saying that you are playing for the future of Azeroth so from my personal unprofessional point of view you should add in some of the elemental lords and their troops. I mean there should be enough to go for right there.

And yes I have seen the new "Wrath of the Earth Warden" which is cool but when you play this kinda game you kinda get the thought off "Wouldnt it be cool to see the entire burning legion being opposed by the elemental lords or heck even deathwing fighting Kil'jaeden or Archie?" But again this is my opinion and yes i think the new "Wote" is cool and all but its just not DAoW and this wouldnt ruin DAoW this would perhaps just expand the whole plot abit further like lets say the Twillight cult at the start is weak and can therefor ally it self with others but as you start to gain power and heroes like Neptulon The Tidehunter or Al'akir the Windlord they become majorities to kinda clash into other majorities but again not so strong that the other races couldnt defeat them.

Im sorry for grammatic mistakes since english isnt my original language but i really just love the whole lore about the old gods and the elemental lords and its cool that they are there but i would just like to see them abit more interactive upon Azeroth wich lorewise they kinda are.

-Thanks for reading take care