DIPLONEWS
  • Don't miss DGL at 8PM EST rotating Saturdays and Sundays.
  • Diplo is getting an Ark server contact Duck for more information.
  • Want to play Dungeons and Dragons? Join D^3 to play now!
  • Want to watch movies with Diplo? Contact BaneBladeLuv for more info on movie night!
Joffrey

Important Information Thread

In this thread, I'll be making important announcements from now on such as changes in the editor team.

The reason I basically opened this thread is to welcome a new member in the editor team. His name is Krotos, the editor of the Fall of Quel'Dorei which you can find here. He's already been a great help with giving me ideas and helping me with the balance and he has always been an avid fan of DAoW! So let's all welcome him as a new member of the team!

By the way.. as a small update for the map's progress. It's actually going really smooth and fast. We will have a new version soon enough according to my calculations.

INFORMATION ABOUT THE CURRENT TEAM

EDITORS:

Executive Producer and current main editor: Joffrey

Co-executive Producer and assistant editor: Krotos

Terrainer and substitute editor: Djisa

• Like 4

Just going to say that my general motto is: "I bring Elves!" so... :D

• Like 3

Hey everyone! There hasn't been any sign of life from me in this section for a little bit of time so I just thought I'd tell you about the map's progress.

Going really smooth and fast. The big change for 5.2a will be the 2 new events for Teal and Pink. Pink's event is already finished and we just need to finish Teal's event before releasing. Some more balance changes have also been made and some tooltips have been fixed. We will try to fix as many tooltips as possible little by little in the next versions and remove useless stuff from the map. I believe that soon the map will have corrected all the grammar mistakes and that the balance won't be as screwed as before.

Oh well.. that's all. Have a nice day/rest of the day!

• Like 3

Hello everyone! Been sometime since I last left an update.

I have to sadly announce the map's progress has been slow for some weeks now, basically because I had been focusing on AWlr. Although.. some significant changes have already been done we still need to do more stuff before the map's ready for release. I'm gonna start working on the map from Tuesday again and hopefully I'll be done soon. From my calculations the map should be released by March.

That's all for now! :)

P.S: I might make some teaser for one of the new events later today or some other day. No promises though!

• Like 1

Changes in the editor team everyone!

Let us all welcome Djisa in the editor team! He's done quite a lot of stuff already and been a great help.

• Like 3

Hello everyone! I got some sad news for you today. :/

Lately the map's progress has been extremely slow, since my time's really limited lately. So there will be no DAoW 5.2a in the end of March. BUT!! Since Easter for my time is on 20th April, I'll have a lot of time to do some editing then and I hope it'll be enough time to have this version finished.

Hey everyone!

Please do host only the map by the name "DAoW 5.2", exactly as I have writen it. All the other maps have cheats, heroes at level 20 etc etc.

I will try to contact the MMH admins whenever possible to delete every other DAoW map except of 5.2.

As for the map's progress it's rather going alright. Neither fast nor slow.

• Like 3

Hi all!

I was hoping to have released the map by now, but due to some triggered spell not working properly(which also requires a specific amount of time which we're lacking a bit), and some terrains being like 30% finished, the map's release will have to be delayed to May. I only hope this will be the last time we'll be delaying the map which I'm afraid won't happen due to school exams.

About additional information for the map's next version, I know you people want a teaser. Sorry I'm just too lazy to write another wall of a text right now. I will write one if I have time and if I am in the mood sometime though. :P

I'm sorry to dissapoint you people about the map's progress but I really want to believe it will be different at summer.

Hello everyone!

I'd like to inform you that we're nearing the release phase! The map is in my hands now and I'm ironing out all the bugs I can find ! I can't give you a specific date but do not fret for a new version is coming! And it's doing it fast! Expect a Teal teaser in the upcoming days!

• Like 4

Hi all!

I just noticed an email that all the DAoW maps are in my hands and I deleted every other version from MMH apart from the official and the 3.2b map. The map you should host on MMH is "DAoW 5.2c.w3x".

That's all for now! Have fun playing.

• Like 2

Hey all!

It's been a long time since I last had any real news, but today I bring some good news and bad news.

Let's start with the good ones. Today, I came back from my 2nd vacation and got the map back and as soon as I finish with the rest of my vacations, I'll start working on the map.

The bad news are that Djisa will be very busy from now on, leaving me as the main editor with Krotos to assist me.

Next version will focus mainly on Green and some others and ofc balance and tooltip fixes.

• Like 3

Yo people,

It's been almost 2 months since I last made a post, because I've been extremely busy.

I bring some sad news for the map. There's been almost 0 progress since I got my hands on 5.2f, because of my limited time to edit the map. :<

I have some even more sad news though. Soon both me and Krotos will be very likely to not be able to edit the map much, as we have to focus on our studies first. :/

Please try to understand our position and don't lose faith, because the map will continue to be edited whenever we are able to work on it and won't stop existing.

Next version as you well know will mainly be focusing on Green. We had other initial plans for this version. We wanted to do some big changes to almost every race, but we had to cut that huge workload into 1/3 of the initial work for each of the next versions, so that we can release versions sooner.

So the next version will be focusing on Green, LB's good event, and a clean-up in Blue's unit line up, as well as tooltip fixes and balance changes.

Thank you in advance for your understanding, and I promise we will bring you very good content whenever we are able to.

P.S.: I have edited the first post so that you know who and which are the editors, and their profile pages in order to contact one of us through posts or private messages. It's prefered to contact me though(the others will probably not answer :>), for anything you want and I will answer you as soon as possible.

Have fun destroying the fanboys of the Scourge out there, and please tell anybody out there who likes Dark Ages of Warcraft to join us here on Diplomunion.com, and share their thoughts, report bugs and anything they want to see added or removed or anything else. ;)