Sign in to follow this  
TheVinylRaider

5v7 Evil vs Good

I wanted to make a 5v7 since i played it a few weeks ago and it was pretty cool ;D say something all who want to join the game!! Teams= Evil: Scourge, BL, Orcs, Warsong and teal. Good: NA, SA and elves. If we play 1.88 i dont know how could we balance the gray auto pathing.

I have no idea WTF a 5v7 is, but I have been called evil regularly and by many people.

Especially people who like to fight.

They hate me.

A lot.

Dat beez ebil, G.

don t take red next time

you did big choke point mistakes and used meat wagons unproperly and you could defended atleast even without blues help

Ye i know i did many mistakes, i never go as red and it was the last slot and lol u must consider NA was fully pro ;=P and blue went kali since the very begining so i was completly alone vs NA all the game. "even tho i know i could have holded for more time".

5v7 is the most imba set up ever. Evil can do 4v3 against NA and wipe them out, then hit SA while teal is fighting them. Then it's gg for NE.

5v7 is the most imba set up ever. Evil can do 4v3 against NA and wipe them out, then hit SA while teal is fighting them. Then it's gg for NE.

But then NE could flood NA with resources while they take all kali CPs and then TP into a capital if they have to to save an NA player. And NA has a bunch of 2nd chances so even if Dalaran drops, they still have kul tiras and theramore. Yes they lose antiodas(sp?), but you essentially would end up wrecking evil in that 5v4 because of good's far superior economy by that time.

If you wanted to try to go good v. evil and have horde stay EK, i think fighting with teal is a far better choice. More space for horde to spread out and take some CPs instead of being at a point in the map with few CPs and almost no creeps. But even then, the NE can still flood resources to SA to help them win a war when the NE wont be fighting one really if the horde is focused on EK.

I would think playing the meta and not allowing hte team with more players and more early game presence to get together is the best way to deal with it. In the 1 game that Azothan showed of this happening, blue went kali trying to help horde win, but red was lost too quickly and NA is soo broken when they stick together. That was a good group on NA in that game if i remember correctly.

But then NE could flood NA with resources while they take all kali CPs and then TP into a capital if they have to to save an NA player. And NA has a bunch of 2nd chances so even if Dalaran drops, they still have kul tiras and theramore. Yes they lose antiodas(sp?), but you essentially would end up wrecking evil in that 5v4 because of good's far superior economy by that time.

If you wanted to try to go good v. evil and have horde stay EK, i think fighting with teal is a far better choice. More space for horde to spread out and take some CPs instead of being at a point in the map with few CPs and almost no creeps. But even then, the NE can still flood resources to SA to help them win a war when the NE wont be fighting one really if the horde is focused on EK.

I would think playing the meta and not allowing hte team with more players and more early game presence to get together is the best way to deal with it. In the 1 game that Azothan showed of this happening, blue went kali trying to help horde win, but red was lost too quickly and NA is soo broken when they stick together. That was a good group on NA in that game if i remember correctly.

I don't think you realize how tenuous NA and evil economies are right at start. If pink and gray fight to block NE expansion and help red and blue, Andorhal will fall in 30 seconds. Then it's over, purp is basically donezo, and OJ would be easy to bullrush before he techs anything. Then blue gets book, starts to summon. You could have BL summoning happen in the first 2 minutes of a game if horde partly helps evil.

NE can pool gold, but 600g won't stop evil and horde. If NE tp's with enough troops to stop or push red/blue, Horde can start pushing in Kali.

Basically, what I'm saying is that if all players in 5v7 are of equal skill, Evil has a tactical, geographical, and "numbers" advantage to rush, while good does not. And once NA is crippled, evil can't lose. That's why it's dumb.

Not so much a question of Balance but as to game design. If one player leaves the game is pretty much messed up in a two team game, giving one team the clear upper hand. Examples of this type of game with leaver flaw (And there is always atleast one leaver): War in the Plaguelands, The First War, Legends of the Second War., Coming of the Horde. They can be fun but one leaver mostly= GG

The best type of games have 3 or more teams. That way another team can balance out that leaver and the game can continue uninhibited. Examples of this type of game: Lordaeron the Aftermath, Glory of the Horde, Azeroth Wars

• Like 1

The map is not played by robots. It is played by wc3 players and if you have 12 of them there is a VERY large change that someone will leave. Its a fact If the map isnt designed around being able to take a leaver (A Horde leaving in Coming of the Horde or Legends is pretty much GG) Then its my opinion that map isnt properly designed to stand up to the realities of Human players and as such will always be a lower class type map.

Just look at Azeroth Wars. Up to 5 players could leave and there could still be a decent late game regardless. The same just cannot be said for Legends.

A Legends game can be fun, IF no one leaves and there is osme skill balance between players. But those conditions are really optimitic. They will not be met nearly every game.

Well as from clan BotR, we are hosting always something new at AWLR, the 5vs7, 6vs6 4vs4vs4 and more. And so far what I can say from the Evil vs. Good. I would say its pretty much balanced. Orange can hold against Horde very easily. Green can send him money from start, because he doesnt need them, and NE aswell.

I have talked with Azothan if he could cast that and here is the result, Blue got the book but in the end they have lost (like after 2 mins of the game).

In the end I would say that "good" is stronger thanks to the better micro due to the fact that you have here more players. But that depends who wins over who.

• Like 2

If anyone is still using this thread, I gotta say, a five man alliance on one continent is tough to break. I hosted a 5v5, (game without NE & Druids) and good won in an hour. It's very easy to travel around the EK, green DG and yellow against teal with his Magus. With scrolls of teleportation, it's a deadly team.

A 5v7 makes a lot of sense. It would mean everyone would be fighting who they normally would. With more strategy and communication.

I'd be up for this Friday(PST)

Red:

Blue:Sindlad

Teal:Miloshette

Purple:

Yellow:

Orange:thecody117

Green:

Pink:

Gray:

LB:

DG:Supgoat

Brown:TheKaldorei

Teal

EDIT: Why not just first come first serve? Some people probably won't show up to the game anyway.

Could you clarify what time the game will take place?

If game will start until 20:00 GMT - i would like to play Blue, and my brother, Mr.Dracon, would play Red.