Sign in to follow this  
OpGTekcoR

WarCraft: The First War Reimagined - 2.0.0: A First Look

The First War, when originally started back way back when (if I remember correctly, about late 2009) was my first WarCraft 3 map. The terrain was relatively simple as I had not yet fully understood working with the NewGen editor, mixing tiles and using tiles to properly block paths. After having learned this, the terrain was mostly set-up and half-measures were taken to improve the terrain. Over time my experience with The First War, along with Plaguelands Eternal Conflict and other maps that have been worked on [but will not be released] I have greatly improved my terrain abilities.

I am hereby pleased to announce and show off the new terrain that The First War will be played on. It is a terrain we have become familiar with. Though certain changes have transpired in a few places [some worked on, some not yet finished, some not even begun on] the terrain remains largely intact. Just a better presentation and more realistic look is being offered.

Without further ado, here is a preview of Westridge. I hope you enjoy the new look as much as I do.

westridge.jpg

• Like 2

Would this be The First War by Germans? It looks similar but I can't entirely tell by the screenies. If not, you'll have a hard time topping that. If so, consider it a compliment.

Would this be The First War by Germans? It looks similar but I can't entirely tell by the screenies. If not, you'll have a hard time topping that. If so, consider it a compliment.

It is the same map. The terrain tiles are being completely changed to offer a darker, more realistic perspective.

damn the terrain is very good, i like the first war, i like the units and regions.

but i am a guy that plays single player and not multi, so the spawn system is screwing me over,

just to say it the only spawn based map that i LOVE is the game of thrones one because you can

1.select if you want to spawn units or not

2.if there's an empty slot it dosen't spawn units on that factions spawn points

Yeah i hate spawned maps, if you could make this build based it could be way better, just saying

that is my wish for this map, or make another version of this which is build based.

and am i not right that the game of thrones is the best spawned based map because of those two things

While I understand the preference for build based spawns, The First War was not designed around that concept. The spawn system is relatively simple in The First War and will remain in place for the for-see-able future. There is a huge block in implementing build based: that is the complete re-balancing of the unit system; which is a task that I am not quite sure I can handle while working on re-doing the entire terrain for The First War and working on Plaguelands Eternal Conflict.

In the meantime here is a few more screenshots, including one Horde area.

The below screenshot is of Brightwood Grove, the first Azerothian village past Southgarde Keep. This is "stage 1" of re-terraining the area. Initially I strip all the doodads in the area - this is mostly the trees, flowers, shrubs. This allows me a better view of the area before I start implementing the new tiles. After this, I adjust the terrain as needed, then will begin adding as needed. Brightwood Grove isn't done, but the below screenshot is just an example of the work that goes into the area. Each small area takes about 15-30 minutes, depending on the amount of work that is needed.

brightwoodgrovestageone.jpg

Brightwood Grove: Stage One

plunderisle.jpg

Plunder Isle

bootybay.jpg

Booty Bay

Last but not least, here is a more creepy and deserving looking area of the map:

karazhanq.jpg

I hope you enjoyed another look into The First War (Reimagined) 2.0.0. I will have more as time goes on.

• Like 1

ok, but can it be done so you chose at a base to spawn units and if there's an empty slot then that faction dosen't spawn anything (unless it's a ally that controls him), like the game of thrones map.

Yea being able to turn spawns off and on would be good.

Ive noticed from playing as the navy as both horde and humans that towers need a nerf because it can be very hard to push eachother back with how strong the towers are at this point.

• Like 1

Yea being able to turn spawns off and on would be good.

Ive noticed from playing as the navy as both horde and humans that towers need a nerf because it can be very hard to push eachother back with how strong the towers are at this point.

Are you talking about their overall health, damage, armor or all three?

First: Don't remove the spawn-based system, it works wonders here.

Second: If it was easier to push for the navies they would get ahead of the other players, there is already a problem if Orcs Navy wins early like it was possible before, forcing Stormwind to aid the Navy early made the Alliance always lose.

Third: Yes turning of the spawn would be awesome especially for the bases near the portal for Orcs since it only halts them when winning, but Humans don't need it, it would be retarded to turn it off even if you have to move the units.

First: Don't remove the spawn-based system, it works wonders here.

Second: If it was easier to push for the navies they would get ahead of the other players, there is already a problem if Orcs Navy wins early like it was possible before, forcing Stormwind to aid the Navy early made the Alliance always lose.

Third: Yes turning of the spawn would be awesome especially for the bases near the portal for Orcs since it only halts them when winning, but Humans don't need it, it would be retarded to turn it off even if you have to move the units.

First: I agree.

Second: Exactly, however I have done some slight re-balancing of the towers based on further inspection of their stats compared to other towers. They are as followed:

All of Azeroth’s named towers now have 15 armor – Horde equivalents always had 15 armor.

Castle Tower’s health decreased from 2,500 to 2,000. Armor increased from 10 to 15.Attack speed changed from .90 to .80.

Naval Guard Tower (Azeroth/Horde) costs decreased from 25 gold and lumber to 10. Attack damage decreased from 35 to 30.

Naval Cannon Tower (Azeroth/Horde) costs decreased from 50 gold and lumber to 15. Health decreased from 2,500 to 2,000. Armor decreased from 15 to 10.

Third: While I am open to having on/off spawn abilities, it is not a priority for this version.

With all the terrain pictures being posted, it could be a logical conclusion that terrain is the only thing really being added into 2.0.0. However, as a previous post shows there was some tower re-work. In addition, there are two screenshots that show additional interface and gameplay improvements.

The first major improvement - which has been a trend recently amongst the past few versions is of "universal team upgrades". This has been limited to Economic Efficiency and recently Fortification Improvements. The next step is one that solely favors the Kingdom of Azeroth:

professionalism.jpg

The next improvement is more cosmetic:

itemsd.jpg

Until next time, enjoy =)

For the requirements if you color one text you have to color them all, else it looks somewhat weird. You could also dump the Description and color the text describing the item i.g. Gray.

And how does a Enormous Ogre Vest improve my dodge? Should it not decrease it if we were realistic?

Description[/color] and color the text describing the item i.g. Gray.

And how does a Enormous Ogre Vest improve my dodge? Should it not decrease it if we were realistic?[/font]

The item is just a name, taken from stuff that is in World of WarCraft loot. However, here is two screenshots showing a before and after terrain change.

Before

bonechewerbefore.jpg

After

bonechewerafter.jpg

hmh starcraft 2 world of tanks battelfield 3 wow and star wars knights of old republic 2

shit i just understood that i have no life

hmh starcraft 2 world of tanks battelfield 3 wow and star wars knights of old republic 2

shit i just understood that i have no life

Hehe. StarCraft 2 (because of the campaign); World of Tanks (because my dad likes to play); Battlefield 3 (because it's better than COD); World of WarCraft / Star Wars (because other friends like to play, depending which game they hate the most).

Don't.

For those of you who didn't have warcraft orcs and humans.

(Rally points were not seen until age of empires rise of Rome, thus to stay loyal to the feel of Warcraft orcs and humans, don't have rally points.)

Edit: I don't know why I said don't have rally points.