Sign in to follow this  
Satans_Arme

Simen Says Skol

Not sure if I've done this one already, so forgiveness please if I have....also eat dick.

Beer of the Afternoon:

Fat Yak Pale Ale

Brewer:

Matilda Bay Brewery

Alcohol:

4.7 % - Mid Strength

01-31-2013.jpg

01-31-2013.jpg

A little advertising piece from Matilda Bay for Fat Yak...

Fat-Yak-ad-framed.jpg

As if that totally doesn't tell you everything right there... :P

Notes:

Hopey, Fruity, Summery, Peppy...Bonery..I mean what... <.< Everything a good Pale Ale should be - a lot like Coopers Pale Ale only better...

Verdict:

8 Freestanding Yak Dongs out of 10.

• Like 2

Beer of the Afternoon:

James Boag's Premium Lager

Brewer:

Boag & Son Brewery

Alcohol:

5.0% - Mid Strength

01-31-2013.jpg

01-31-2013.jpg

A little Advertising from Mr. Boag...

image_20063171861919756.jpg

James_Boag_Beer_ad.jpg

James-Boag-Waiter.jpg

Obviously drunk by ever-so-slutty women in hallways...<ahem>

Notes:

This Tasmanian Lager is as much an institution in the island state as over zealous love for one's attractive cousin, light on the palette, quite hopey and fruity...

Verdict:

This is one of my staple Lagers, so it gets a nicely biased 8 Tasmanian Devils out of 10.

• Like 1

Swingin in here now with a Cider (Gasp!)

Yes that's right a godless Cider...or not...for this drink is on tap in heavens own bar for certain.

Cider of the Afternoon:

Rekorderlig Premium Strawberry-Lime Cider

02-13-2013.jpg

02-13-2013.jpg

Brewer:

Rekorderlig

Alcohol:

4.0 - Mid-Strength

Notes:

How to describe an orgy in ones mouth and everyone's invited? This is God's own piss - distilled, purified and refined and on tap in Heaven's Own Pub.

Verdict:

Ten Odins out of Ten.

• Like 2

Only cider that I have enjoyed thus far is Strongbow. The norwegian piss they serve isn't even worth mentioning.

And as I am travelling to Rome tomorrow, I will be testing some Italian brews (and probably also some wine, though I really do not know my wine)

I don't know if you guys can get Woodchuck Cider overseas, but if you can, get the Woodchuck Fall Cider, its like drinking apple pie, its fucking amazing.

Also, I was gonna review all these beers, but then I didn't.

I might later.

Ao I'm in Rome. Testing italian beer. Tonights first beverage is Peroni, a straight up beer first brewed in 1846.

20130214_174053.jpg

Easy to drink, but not much taste. 5/10 for me.

Ao I'm in Rome. Testing italian beer. Tonights first beverage is Peroni, a straight up beer first brewed in 1846.

20130214_174053.jpg

Easy to drink, but not much taste. 5/10 for me.

Might it have had something to do with the aluminium shit tank you're drinking it out of?

Might it have had something to do with the aluminium shit tank you're drinking it out of?

Tasted it from a tap later on. Didnt taste much then either.

Interesting that you post about Franziskaner, just yesterday I went to the bavarian bier cafe in Sydney (http://www.bavarianbiercafe.com/) and had a pint of the Franziskaner Hefe-Weissbier and a tall glass of their dunkel (dark) variety. Both were excellent. Wheat beers have a very distinct banana aroma and flavour and this one in particular is extremely creamy with hints of citrus. Today I went down to Dan Murphy's to buy some of it but instead bought two different weissbiers, one of them being from Paulaner.

Infy, which would you say is better value for money? Dan Murphy's or First Choice? I feel like punishing First Choice for stiffing me on a measly five minutes when I really fuckin needed a six pack. >:(

Dan Murphy's are usually larger which often comes with a larger/better selection. There is only one first choice around where I live but two Dan Murphy's so I almost exclusively go the latter (the first choice is inside a shopping centre).

Dan Murphy's are usually larger which often comes with a larger/better selection. There is only one first choice around where I live but two Dan Murphy's so I almost exclusively go the latter (the first choice is inside a shopping centre).

But on price? How much is a slab of Boags? First Choice here usually has em for $50.

Just started spring break.

Went to Wegmans and bought the Sam Adams Winter Thaw variety 12 pk along with a 6 pack of Harps Irish lager.

Winter Thaw includes...

-Boston Lager

-Maple Pecan Porter

-Double Agent IPL (combination of lager with IPA...hoping it'll be something special)

-White Lantern "this hazy White Ale is brewed with tangerine and coriander for a citrusy flavor"

-Irish Red "this brew has a beautiful deep red color and smooth flavor"

-Alpine Spring (an unfiltered citrus lager)

I said I would tell you later, and later is now, so I'l tell you now.

First thing you notice one you pour the Harpoon Celtic Red from the bottle is in fact the beautiful dark crimson hue (HUEHUHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUE) of the beer. Its taste is something of ale, ale with a different malt, which I'm sure contributes to the color. As far as it goes it gets bonus points for presentation, but other then that it is a fairly standard Irish style ale.

Harpoon Celtic Red gets a 7.5/10 from me.

• Like 2

Last night I went to a club and forced myself to buy a can of Hahn Super Dry. It wasn't very good.

• Like 1

I drank a dozen Boddingtons the other night. Cream of Manchester, now brewed in Luton for the Pakistani demographics. I rarely drink, heavy. But tonight I'm replenishing my supply and with the limit selection I get to choose between the following:

Boddingtons

Guinness

Tennants

Smithwicks

Newky Brown

Speckled Hen

Caffery's.

But for some reason I'm really wanting Tetley's. Call me insane, call me stupid but don't fuck me outta Yorkshire's finest.

Harps Irish Lager I'd give a 8/10

Pretty chill beer, I was picking between that, shocktop belgian white or Magic Hat. I wanted to try something new and I saw it was a Guinness product.

Great taste, pretty filling. Went really nicely with the shepards pie my ma made for me, go figure.