Sign in to follow this  
Thurr

GoT: Season Two Thread

I WANT MORE INFO ON THE SHADOW VAGINA MONSTER

WHY NO MORE INFO ON THE SHADOW VAGINA MONSTER

WHY IS IT SO FUN TO SAY SHADOW VAGINA MONSTER?!

CAPS LOCK ALL DAY ERRYDAY

^ Accurate.

But episode 6 filled my mind with fuck. They flew pretty far from the book (having only read the Clash of Kings), it seemed, and I'm curious as to where they'll lead with it. But that red-head wildling girl is hot.

It did make a lot more sense in the books; it was also far more dramatic. Maybe the book version just wouldn't have fit properly with the episode lengths and ending the season and all.

Come choir boy stay for a while

Let's practice the way of God

To enter the pearly gate

There is no certain way

And I am the key worship me

On your pretty knees

Open your little mouth

Look me in the eyes

Swallow your way to Christ

Do as you are told if you seek heaven

It feels like heaven

This is the way on every Sunday

You must see me again

The lord he works in mysterious ways

Just do as you are told

Then you'll be accepted at the gate

On your pretty knees

Open your little mouth

Look me in the eyes

Swallow your way to Christ

Do as you are told if you seek heaven

It feels like heaven

Well that was an original take on the dragons and events in qarth.

Also the John Snow/Ygritte thing worked out. It didn't stray too far from the books. If I remember correctly he simply let her go in the book.

One thing I'm not sure of. Jeyne Westerling has effectively been turned into a peasant? Or is she still Jeyne of house Westerling and just hiding her true identity from Robb?

He does tell her that she looks like a noblewoman, and when she denies it he basically tells her that she's a bad liar. Around that time their conversation is interrupted by Catelyn Stark, who's returning from Storm's End, so her identity hasn't actually been revealed yet.

Also, Ygritte confirmed for Wildling hottie.

Tywin definitely dominated this episode. He's such a great cast for his role, I really hope we'll see more of him.

I really like Theon's story-line something I didn't in the books, which is great. You can so clearly see the 'struggle' he's going through.

Can't wait for the Blackwater episode - shit will go down.

And by shit I mean wildfire.

Yeh, Tywin is such an intriguing character and the actor playing him does an amazing job.

I love how the show depicts Theon's inner struggle in choosing between "friends" and family. The sad thing is his "friends" really are his family, and he's having a tough time dealing with that.

As for the wildfire, I expect we'll see that in episode 10.

Lastly I hope they make her be Jeyne Westerling and not made up name.

http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/Jeyne_Westerling

"Originally, Chaplin was only announced as playing 'Jeyne', leading to fan speculation that she would be playing either Jeyne Westerling, a noble girl of the Westerlands, or Jeyne Poole, a friend and companion of Sansa Stark's who accompanies her to King's Landing.[3] It was later announced to be Jeyne Westerling.[4] However Chaplin's character introduces herself as Talisa when she first appears. She goes on to say that she is from the Free City of Volantis, while Jeyne Westerling is actually a member of House Westerling, minor nobles from the Westerlands sworn to House Lannister. However, Jeyne's maternal great-grandmother was indeed from the east, though the books never state which of the Free Cities she was from."

So in the series she's called Talisa Maegyr.

Yeah, Tywin's actor and character is awesome, and Arya is my favorite character in the series, so I was pretty pleased with the amount of facetime they got.

http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/Jeyne_Westerling

"Originally, Chaplin was only announced as playing 'Jeyne', leading to fan speculation that she would be playing either Jeyne Westerling, a noble girl of the Westerlands, or Jeyne Poole, a friend and companion of Sansa Stark's who accompanies her to King's Landing.[3] It was later announced to be Jeyne Westerling.[4] However Chaplin's character introduces herself as Talisa when she first appears. She goes on to say that she is from the Free City of Volantis, while Jeyne Westerling is actually a member of House Westerling, minor nobles from the Westerlands sworn to House Lannister. However, Jeyne's maternal great-grandmother was indeed from the east, though the books never state which of the Free Cities she was from."

So in the series she's called Talisa Maegyr.

I don't think its necessarily set in stone yet though. AS dylan pointed out. She may still be hiding her true identity for obvious reasons. Her house is sworn to House Lannister and here is Robb Stark, leader of the Northern forces fighting against House Lannister. I wouldn't be in a rush to divulge my identity either, for all she knows she'll be captured and ransomed if she reveals her identity, she doesn't know Robb yet, but once she gets to know him she may reveal her real name. Its plausible.

Oh just realized after watching it the second time through, she references the long bridge in Volantis.

I think the actor who portray Daenerys really does a good job of making me not like the character, just like in the books.

I think the actress who portray Daenerys really does a good job of making me not like the character, just like in the books.

Fixed*

Well, I haven't ever heard that sentiment before. From what I've heard shes one of the top three most popular characters with Tyrion and Jon Snow. What about Daenerys do you dislike?

Among the major characters Dany is one of the most disliked by fans of the books. She comes across as an arrogant, over-indulged little girl. She's also a slut. I liked the exchange between her and the Spice King in the most recent episode, all it needed was him to point out that the Targaryens had only ruled Westeros for three hundred years and that they took it by force, hardly any different from Robert Baratheon.

The Boltons usurping the Starks as Kings/Lords of the North is a different story, the Starks having ruled the North for many thousands of years.

Concerning Dany...

She isn't exactly my favorite character either. But its so obvious that shes Azor Ahai its not even funny. Thus I tolerate her.

As for the Starks and Boltons, Yeh, i'm halfway through Dance with Dragons and I'm so upset about the current circumstances. I really hope Stannis, and the northern houses can defeat Roose and Ramsay and those Freys. Don't know how house umber, cerwyn, Dustin, and manderly can throw off the yolk though with half their forces already under the command of the Boltons. I'm afraid northmen will have to fight their fellow northmen.